In 1908, Katrina Trask, a parishioner of Bethesda Church, and Mary Fuller of St. Paul’s Episcopal in Troy, founded Wiawaka Center on Lake George. This residential retreat center was originally part of the Girls’ Friendly Society, an organization affiliated with the Episcopal Church which provided training, confidence building, and other educational opportunities for young women. Its mission as a place dedicated to enriching the lives of women continues today.
Wiawaka hosts a lecture series in July and August on a variety of artistic, literary and historic topics. On July 19th, Rumara Jewett will speak on “Katrina Trask, Mary Fuller, and the Founding of Wiawaka”.
The cost of attending the lecture is $20.00. Come early and enjoy a buffet supper for an additional charge of $15.00. Dinner is served at 6pm, followed by the lecture at 7:00 pm.
To learn about other lectures in this year’s series, consult www.wiawaka.org.